Good Morning, Beautiful!
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Wednesday is Desk Day—Take care of any business including:
- Bills to Pay
- Calls to Make
- Notes – handwritten or electronic – that you need to write and send.
- Cards you need to send.
Keep a basket on your desk and put any papers you gather from throughout your home in the basket during the week. On Wednesday deal with the papers in the basket. In the meantime, if someone asks about a piece of paper you know where it is. If people do not want their papers in your basket, they need to keep their papers in their own basket, on their own desk. Before you put a piece of paper in the basket check the date—the due date, the expiration date, the date of any activity involved.
Keep work in progress in your Current File. Keep Bills in your To Pay File. Review these papers each week.
Your Area of Focus is the Gathering Spaces—Living, Family, Great, TV rooms or Den. Boy have I been off!! I have been thinking for the last three day that it was the last day in those areas. Tomorrow IS the first day with The Kitchen as the Area of Focus. Finish up in your Gathering Spaces.
For your Special Focus in December, we are celebrating Christ and Christmas by loving and serving God, and our loved ones.
Have a day filled with smiles, hugs, and love,
Laundry Room/Area Cleaning Checklist
- Have you cleaned the cobwebs? (M)
- Have you cleaned the light fixtures? (M)
- Clean woodwork and marks on wall
- Have you wiped down woodwork and removed marks on walls?(M)
- Have you cleaned windows and window treatment?(M)
- Have you check laundry supplies—detergent, stain treatment, fabric softener? (W before shopping)
- Have you wiped down washer, dryer and any sinks or countertops?(M)
- Have you cleaned the lint filter? (After each load)
- Have you checked behind washer and dryer for escaped clothing/linens?(S)
- Have you put away clothes? (Whenever you do laundry)
- Have you set time to do mending and ironing?
- Have you emptied the trash can? (W or as needed)
- Have you mopped the floor?
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Are there any cobwebs? (M)
- Are the light fixtures and ceiling fan clean? (M)
- Are the windows and window treatments clean? (M)
- Is your refrigerator clean —inside and outside? (M) Are there fingerprints? Wipe down (as needed) Are you using leftovers? (D) Do any items need to be tossed?(M)
- Is your freezer clean? (M) Are there any foods that need to be used before they go out of date? (M)
- Is your microwave clean inside and out? (M or as needed)
- Are your stove top and oven clean?(M or as needed)
- Are your drip pans or grates clean? Do they need to be replaced? (M)
- Is the stove hood and filter clean? (M)
- Are canisters and decorative items clean? (M)
- Are there fingerprints or other marks on walls, window sills and woodwork?(M)
- Are doors and door frames free of marks?(M)
- Are baseboards clean? (M)
- Are cabinet fronts clean? (M)
- Do your cabinets need to be put in order? (M)
- Is your under sink cabinet clean and in order? (M)
- Are your countertops clean and sanitized? (D)
- Clean and sanitize sink(s)
- Are your floors swept? (D)
- Do your floors need to be mopped? (W or as needed)
- Are the dishes done and put away (D) Is the dishwasher empty?(D)
Good Morning, Beautiful!
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Tuesday is Duster Dance Day—put on some happy music, enlist the help of your miniature assistants and get that dust from high to low—out of the house. Make sure you have good dusters. If not you are simply moving the dust around
Tomorrow is the last day with The Gathering Areas as The Area of Focus. Yesterday I shared a Cleaning Checklist for The Gathering Areas. Refer to it to consider what needs to happen in your Gathering Areas.
What can you do in these areas to make them
- Less cluttered (Declutter)
- More orderly (Organized)
- More functional
- A more pleasant place to be
The Special Project for December is Celebrating Christmas in a way that
- Honors God and enriches your relationship with Him;
- Deepens and enriches your relationship with your husband, children, extended family, and friends, and brings them closer to God
- Making acts of love and service a focus beginning now but going on throughout the coming year.
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,
Checklist for Your Child and Your Child’s Room
- Put away shoes and clothes
- Put away toys
- Lay out clothes for tomorrow
In the morning:
- Put away pajamas
- Make Bed
- Change sheets
- Work with mom to go through outgrown clothes
- Work with mom to deep clean
Even when I change sheets, it’s nice to have someone work with me. Changing sheets is a great way to work with your children.
My Cleaning Checklist for the Living Room/Family Room
• Have you cleaned cobwebs? (M)
• Have you cleaned the light fixtures? (M)
• Have you cleaned windows?. (M)
• Have you cleaned the window treatments? (EOM)
• Have you cleaned any marks and fingerprints from walls and woodwork? (M)
• Have you cleaned decorative items? (M)
• Have you cleaned out the fireplace? (as needed or seasonally)
• Have you cleaned out the end tables? (M)
• Have you straightened the bookcases /entertainment center?(M)
• Have you dusted the lamp shades? (M)
• Have you polished the furniture? (M) Have you dusted?
• Have you culled out dated magazines and catalogs from magazine basket or rack? (M)
• Have you cleaned the phone(s)?(M)
• Have you vacuumed the traffic areas?
• Have you vacuumed under, around and behind furniture and drapes? (M)
• Have you shampooed the carpets? (S)
December 5th is Roy Paitsel Day forever for me. Roy died a year ago today and I plan to celebrate him and his life with my family. I mourn his loss but I am very much more grateful for his life and more than 40 years of marriage. I made a difference in his life and he made a difference in mine—for good.
My verse for our marriage is Proverbs 31:11-12: Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. (NLT)
Do you have a verse for your marriage? Feel free to use mine.
Good Morning, Beautifu!
Monday, December 5, 2016
Monday is Launch Your Week Day
- Put your home back in order after the weekend
- Clean your toilets
- Check your bathroom(s) for any needed supplies—personal, paper, and cleaning and add anything you are about to need –don’t wait until the last drop is out of the bottle, until the last square of toilet paper is gone.
The Area of Focus, today through Wednesday (1st-7th) is your Gathering Areas—The Living Room, Great Room, Family Room. TV Room, and/or Den.
Each month you spend 7 days in each of 4 Areas
- The Gathering Spaces (1st-7th)
- The Kitchen (8th-14th)
- The Bedroom including Closet and Attached Bath (15th-21st)
- The Front Porch, Entry, and Dining Room (22nd-28th)
- The remaining days of the month (from the 29th through the end of the month) you spend in the Bathroom(s)
While your focus is in an Area you are giving that area week a month of special attention.
- Put in Order (Organize)
- Make the Area More Functional and a More Pleasant Place to Be (fun; beautiful; expressive of the people, including the little people, that use the space)
In addition, take from 5 to 30 minutes—whatever time you have—to work in the worst area of your home—The Black Hole. This month—December—I am suggesting you use that time of pockets of time for celebration, for service, for acts of love. In January we will have a start fresh time and hit our clutter hard. For this month let’s honor God, and show our family and friends our love and respect in the process of celebrating the Lord’s birth.
This week I will share the list of tasks for each room that I have used since the 1980’s. I start in the high places and work my way down. I start either on the right or left and work my way around the room.
Your plan may be very different that mine but have a plan. Plan your work. Work your plan.
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,
Friday is Wrap Up the Week Day!
- Put your home in order for the weekend
- Clean out your car
- Clean out your purse, diaper bag, backpack, computer bag or whatever you take with you as you go out the door
Make sure you keep up with the things you deal with. Take trash out of the car when you get home. Don’t leave clothes, toys, magazines, or other things in your car when you arrive home. Take them in and put them away.
The Area of Focus is your Gathering Areas–The Living Room, The Family Room, and/or The Den. Keep decluttering, organizing, cleaning, and making each area of your home more functional and pleasant to be in.
Remember the focus for the month–Celebration and Service to Honor the Lord. The actual date of Jesus’ birth is not known but was selected centuries ago to replace pagan celebrations. The coming of the God into the world is the greatest gift ever given. Let’s receive it with joy and gratitude. How are you celebrating today?
Have a day filled with love, smiles, and love,