I am placing this challenge on Day One because those of us who fly by the seat of our pants when we come in the door lay down whatever is in our hands wherever we happen to land. When we are ready to go out the door, we can’t find our keys, purse, or whatever. This leads to a tear-everything-apart hunt and often makes us late. So TODAY:
- Designate a place for the things you need to get out the door. Again, TODAY
- Choose a day each week to clean out the bag you carry with you—diaper bag, computer bag, purse. For me this day is Friday.
- Put things back where they belong in your bag(s) after you use them. Try to put them back in the same place so they will be easy for you to find. Each day, I take time when I get home to make sure everything is where it belongs.
- If you have a little one in diapers, put a container into your car trunk with wipes and diapers in it. Remember, your little one is growing. Use and replace the diapers in your container before your child outgrows them—refresh regularly.
- Make sure when you return home to restock your diaper bag so it will be ready to go out the door.
- I personally have a storage place for extra keys and only keep the keys we use regularly on the key rack so we don’t have to go through multiple keys to locate the keys we need.
- Use key chains or key jackets (colored jackets that slip over the head of the key) to make the keys easier to identify.
EACH MONDAY—Clean your toilets and check bathroom supplies—personal, paper, and cleaning—add any needed supplies to your shopping list.
AREA OF FOCUS THIS WEEK—Living Room/ Family Room –spend 15 minutes putting away clutter.