How are you using your time?
In order to plan your schedule and routines do a Time Audit so you will know how you currently use your time. Make a note on the form of what you are doing throughout your day. Yes, this takes time but it will show you how you are currently using your time.
- How much time are you on the computer?
- How much time do you spend watching television?
- How much time are you on the phone?
- Is the way you are currently spending time the way you really want to spend time?
- What about all those things you want to do, mean to do that you can’t find the time for?
Time once spent is a currency you can never recover. This is not about constant activity. God designed our body to need rest—daily and weekly.
See the Document to do a time audit under the Files Tab named My Basic Weekly Schedule. If you cannot access the document because you are not on Facebook, let me know and I will email it to you.
Each Monday, clean your toilets and check your bathroom supplies—personal, paper, and cleaning.
The Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
Note from the checklist what needs to be done in your kitchen. Distribute the tasks over your week. With energy and focus, most tasks take 10 minutes or less.
- Are there any cobwebs? (M)
- Are the light fixtures and ceiling fan clean? (M)
- Are the windows and window treatments clean? (M)
- Is your refrigerator clean —inside and outside? (M)
- Are there fingerprints? (as needed)
- Are you using leftovers? (D)
- Do any items need to be tossed?(W or M)
- Is your freezer clean? (M)
- Are there any foods that need to be used before they go out of date? (M)
- Is your microwave clean inside and out? (M or as needed)
- Are your stove top and oven clean?(M or as needed)
- Are your drip pans or grates clean? Do they need to be replaced? (M)
- Is the stove hood and filter clean? (M)
- Are canisters and decorative items clean? (M)
- Are there fingerprints or other marks on walls, window sills and woodwork?(M)
- Are doors and door frames free of marks?(M)
- Are baseboards clean? (M)
- Are cabinet fronts clean? (M)
- Do your cabinets need to be put in order? (M)
- Is your under sink cabinet clean and in order? (M)
- Are your countertops clean and sanitized? (D)
- Is your sink clean and sanitized? (D)
- Are your floors swept? (D)
- Do your floors need to be mopped? (W—Thursday – or as needed)
- Are the dishes done and put away (D) Is the dishwasher empty?(D)
- Are there any other tasks unique to your kitchen?
Plan your work. Work your plan.