Each Thursday is Floor Day–Clean Your Hard Floors. Quickly sweep then mop all the hard floors in your home. If you have hard floors in your bedroom, bath, or closet give them special attention.
Your Area of Focus this Week is Your Bedroom, Bathroom, and Closet. Are you getting rid of excess? Excess furniture, excess clothing, excess bric a brac, or too much of anything robs you not only of space but also peace of mind. Your bedroom is your sanctuary. Do the best you can with what you have. Do not buy anything until you truly know what you need or it will become part of the clutter. Even organizers can be clutter. Clear the surfaces, get rid of the excess and make your room a pleasant place for you to be refreshed and restored.
Today’s Cleaning Checklist is for your living room/family room and my special gift to you, a cleaning checklist for your child/children’s room
My Cleaning Checklist for the Living Room/Family Room
• Have you cleaned cobwebs? (M)
• Have you cleaned the light fixtures? (M)
• Have you cleaned windows?. (M)
• Have you cleaned the window treatments? (EOM)
• Have you cleaned any marks and fingerprints from walls and woodwork? (M)
• Have you cleaned decorative items? (M)
• Have you cleaned out the fireplace? (as needed or seasonally)
• Have you cleaned out the end tables? (M)
• Have you straightened the bookcases /entertainment center?(M)
• Have you dusted the lamp shades? (M)
• Have you polished the furniture? (M) Have you dusted?
• Have you culled out dated magazines and catalogs from magazine basket or rack? (M)
• Have you cleaned the phone(s)?(M)
• Have you vacuumed the traffic areas?
• Have you vacuumed under, around and behind furniture and drapes? (M)
• Have you shampooed the carpets? (S)
Checklist for Your Child and Your Child’s Room
• Put away shoes and clothes
• Put away toys
• Lay out clothes for tomorrow
In the morning:
• Put away pajamas
• Make Bed
• Change sheets
• Work with mom to go through outgrown clothes
• Work with mom to deep clean
Even when I change sheets, it’s nice to have someone work with me. Changing sheets is a great way to work with your children.