Each Tuesday is Duster Dance Day—Dusting is one of many people’s least favorite tasks. Whenever there is a task you dread:
• Don’t use up energy avoid it. Get it done. Make a point of putting the task at the head of your To Do list. Do it quickly. Do it early.
• Set a timer and race the timer. See if you can set and break your own record.
• Consider what you can do to make it fun. Put on lively music. Be a little silly.
• Use tools that enrich your soul.
o If you hate filing buy file folders in a pattern you like or bright colors.
o Colorful tools are fun if they are well made and work but don’t add to the clutter by buying junk.
• Can you make it a game and involve the little helps in your home? If you make it fun and don’t tell your children that it’s work they may grow up actually enjoying it.
Today and Wednesday your Area of Focus is your bathroom(s). What can you do to make it spa like and welcoming? Clutter does not make an area spa-like so get rid of clutter.
When was the last time you washed your shower curtain or at least the clear plastic liner? Add some vinegar to the rinse water to help remove the soup scum. Wash the shower curtain with towels or other items. Place in the dryer for a few minutes and then remove and rehang straightening any wrinkles while the shower curtain is still warm and pliable.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) is Desk Day. Thursday is August 1. August 1st to 7th the Area of Focus is the Living Room/Family Room.