Prepare for the Holidays
The Area of Focus is:
Monday through Thursday (4th-7th) The Living Room /Family Room
Friday – Thursday (8th– 14th) The Kitchen
- Pull your home back together after the weekend
- Clean all your toilets
- Check your bathrooms for any needed supplies—personal, paper, and cleaning and add them to your shopping list
Each Tuesday—Duster Dance Day—Draft any little helpers in your home to help you. Grab some fun dusters, and put on some happy music and dance that dust right out of your home.
- Pay your bills
- Take care of any personal and family business—Cards to send? Phone calls to make? Emails or letters to send?
- File any papers you need in a way that you will be able to locate them, if needed. Don’t clutter your life with papers you will never look at again. Toss them!
Each Friday—Wrap up your week—
- Clean out your car—don’t forget to take in trash and personal belongings each time you arrive home but Friday is the day you give your car some extra TLC
- Clean out your purse, backpack, diaper bag, tote, or computer case. I straighten the contents of my purse regularly but Friday is the day I make sure everything is in order and I am not carrying a lot of weight I don’t need.
- Vacuum the traffic areas in your home.
Saturday is Family Fun Day –whether you work or play together, make it fun. Create memories.
Sunday is the ring on your week that signifies your love relationship with the Lord—take time to worship. Then plan your week with your husband and children.
Anticipate the needs of each day ahead of time—for activities, games, concerts. Will food be needed? Special clothes or uniforms? Write it down now and work out the details calmly instead in a last minute panic.
How much turkey will you need?
For 8 people:
Thaw in the refrigerator for 2 to 2 ½ days or in cool water for 5 to 6 hours
Cooking time in a 425o oven: 2 hours
For 12 people:
16 to 18 pounds
Thaw in the refrigerator for 3 ½ to 4 days or in cool water for 8 to 9 hours
Cooking time in a 425o oven: 2 ½ to 3 hours
For 16 people:
20 to 22 pounds
Thaw in the refrigerator for 4 to 4 ½ days or in cool water for 9 to 11 hours
Cooking time in a 425o oven: 3 to 3 ½ hours
For 20 people:
24 to 26 pounds
Thaw in the refrigerator for 5 to 5 1/2 days or in cool water for 11 to 13 hours
Cooking time in a 425o oven: 4 to 4 ½ hours