Friday, November 8, 2013
Today is the First Day in The Kitchen
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
D= Daily W= Weekly M= Monthly S=Seasonally EOM= Every Other Month
• Are there any cobwebs? (M)
• Are the light fixtures and ceiling fan clean? (M)
• Are the windows and window treatments clean? (M)
• Is your refrigerator clean —inside and outside? (M) Are there fingerprints? (as needed) Are you using leftovers? (D) Do any items need to be tossed?(M)
• Is your freezer clean? (M) Are there any foods that need to be used before they go out of date? (M)
• Is your microwave clean inside and out? (M or as needed)
• Are your stove top and oven clean?(M or as needed)
• Are your drip pans or grates clean? Do they need to be replaced? (M)
• Is the stove hood and filter clean? (M)
• Are canisters and decorative items clean? (M)
• Are there fingerprints or other marks on walls, window sills and woodwork?(M)
• Are doors and door frames free of marks?(M)
• Are baseboards clean? (M)
• Are cabinet fronts clean? (M)
• Do your cabinets need to be put in order? (M)
• Is your under sink cabinet clean and in order? (M)
• Are your countertops clean and sanitized? (D)
• Is your sink clean and sanitized? (D)
• Are your floors swept? (D)
• Do your floors need to be mopped? (W or as needed)
• Are the dishes done and put away (D) Is the dishwasher empty?(D)
• Empty your dishwasher as soon as you can after the cycle has been run, then load dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher instead of leaving them in the sink or on the counter.
• Keep the front 2/3 of your counters clear as a workspace. This is a no clutter/no appliance/ no décor zone.
• When you begin cooking, fill your sink with hot, soapy water and wash dishes as you finish with them. When you are finished cooking the job will be done!
• Put all items away as you are finished with them, especially those that will spoil if left out of the fridge.
• Keep your sink clean. Some kitchen sinks are actually dirtier than your toilet bowl (eeeew!)
• While you are waiting for your coffee to brew, or the microwave to cook whatever is in there, don’t just stand there, do something! Empty the dishwasher, clean a shelf in the refrigerator, sweep the floor, put away clutter. Most tasks in your home take only a few minutes.
• What you take care of, you appreciate; what you appreciate, you take care of.