- Wipe off your window sills before cleaning the windows. If you don’t, the dirt will become sludge.
- Take down the drapes and take them outside and give them a good shaking out or vacuum them and leave them up.
- There is probably a label with cleaning instructions on it. If it says dry clean and they are not really dirty just shake them out or vacuum them.
- If there are sheers or curtains that are washable, throw them in the washing machine then the dryer. Remove from the dryer as soon as it stops. Do not overdry and do not overload the washer and dryer.
- Make a commitment to yourself to finish the job.
- This is one of those job you can break into two parts and begin in the morning and finish in the evening. In the morning take down the drapes and clean the windows. In the evening make sure you put the drapes back up.
Declutter in your living areas or wherever it is most needed in your home.