Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 1-2: Psalm 24
Area of Focus: The Front Porch, Entry and Dining Room
This is the last day this month in this Area of Focus. What can you do to make it less cluttered, more orderly and functional, cleaner, and a lovelier place for your family and guests?
Each Tuesday is Duster Dance Day. Grab a duster, put on some music and dance that dust right out of your home with the help of any youngsters in your home.
Declutter for 15 to 30 minutes.
If you do not have a dining room, front porch, or entry, don’t take the week off. The same is true after you bring these areas in your home into order. It will take less and less time to keep your home free of clutter, orderly, and clean. Use your time to bring areas not on the regular rotation in order—office, craft room, children’s room(s), laundry room. When you are really feeling brave you will be ready to tackle the garage, basement, and/or attic.
Each night before bed ask yourself:
- What do I have to do tomorrow? What is on my calendar?
- What are the needs of my family tomorrow?
- What time do I need to be up and moving to accomplish my goals for tomorrow?
- What will I wear?
- What is for dinner?
- What one thing can I accomplish to make progress in my home?
- What deadlines are coming up? Is there anything I can do today to prepare for those deadlines?
Don’t wait until morning to check your calendar. Prepare the night before for the events of tomorrow.
Remember when you see the word “therefore” that you are being to take action based on information you have just received.
What is the last line of Ephesians 4? What reason is given for us to take action?
- 32Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Because of God’s forgiveness how should we respond?
- Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do,
- because you are his dear children.
- 2Live a life filled with love,
- following the example of Christ.
What was Christ’s example?
- He loved usa and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God.
- 3Let there be
- no sexual immorality,
- impurity, or
- greed among you.
- Such sins have no place among God’s people.
- 4Obscene stories, foolish talk, and coarse jokes—these are not for you.
What is appropriate for me?
- Instead, let there be thankfulness to God.
- 5You can be sure that no
- impure, or
- greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God.
What is true of a greedy person?
- For a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
Can we make excuses for being immoral, impure, or greedy? Doesn’t everyone do these things?
- 6Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the anger of God will fall on all who disobey him.
- 7Don’t participate in the things these people do.
What has been true of believers before and how are we to live now?
- 8For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light!
What does light produce in us?
- 9For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.
How are we to live as people of light?
- 10Carefully determine what pleases the Lord.
- 11Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness;
- instead, expose them.
What is our response to evil? What will happen to their evil intentions
- 12It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret.
- 13But their evil intentions will be exposed when the light shines on them, 14for the light makes everything visible. This is why it is said,
“Awake, O sleeper,
rise up from the dead,
and Christ will give you light.”
What are we to do to in our lives by the power of God in response to these Scriptures?
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 3-4; Psalm 25
Area of Focus: Wednesday through Friday: The Family Bathroom(s)
Each Wednesday is Desk Day
Bring your personal and family business up to date:
- Are there any bills to pay?
- Are there any calls to make? Cards to send? Emails to respond to? Notes to write?
- Is there any filing to do? Remember to put papers away so you can locate papers you need when you need them?
- Do not file papers you will never need again for any reason.
Declutter for 15 to 30 minutes each day.