Friday, February 7, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 17-18; Psalm 32
Friday is Wrap Up the Week Day:
- Clean Out Your Car
- Clean Out Your Purse Diaper Bag, Computer Case, Tote or Whatever You Carry When You Are Out and Around
- Vacuum the Traffic Areas in Your Home
- Thoroughly Vacuum Your Area of Focus—The Living Room/Family Room
Declutter for 15 to 30 Minutes
Walk in God’s Love
Living Life on Purpose
God has a plan for your life. I’ve heard that so many times but what does that mean to me. If God has a plan for my life then I need to seek to know that plan and to live it out in my life.
This plan may include a moment of time when you are called to greatness. Most of the plan for our lives is lived out in the ordinariness of daily life. Being faithful in the day or the times of small things when you are struggling, discouraged and frustrated, is part of being faithful to God’s plan for all of life. God doesn’t just see you when you are dressed up and sitting calmly in a pew while your little ones are safely in the nursery. God defines purpose in relationship.
- Relationship with Him.
- Relationship with your husband
- Relationship with your children
- Relationship with your neighbors
- Relationship with the people He brings you as friends
- Relationship with each person He brings across your path each day, including the frustrating, seemingly worthless, hopeless people in your life and path.
God has been speaking to me about writing about living life on purpose, of finding and living out God’s purpose for my life. So for however long, I want to talk about both the concept and the practical aspects of living life intentionally. The daily routines are living life on purpose. The Areas of Focus are living life on purpose. Reading the Bible and praying are living life on purpose. Ever action and every relationship are part of living life on purpose.
- Only you can have your relationship with God
- Only you can be your husband’s best friend and a helper suitable for him
- Only you can be your children’s mom
- God has other divine appointments along a way, a day paved with cleaning toilets, washing dishes, doing laundry, and all the other tasks that surround you as you go throughout your day. All the while you are demonstrating to the people around you especially those little ones what a godly woman is or (ouch!) is not.
You are God’s representative. How are you representing Him by what comes out of your mouth, by how you treat your children, by how you treat your husband.
We will be talking about all the aspects of living life intentionally as a woman, wife, mom, and grandmom. This involves all your relationships, actions, and activities. I confess I don’t have a clear vision of everything to say and write about but I know that as I obediently and faithfully take each step, God will guide me in His purposes. In other words, you don’t have to know the whole route to take the first step.
Be praying for me as I try to hear and share specifically what God has to say to me and you about living life on purpose.
What are Paul’s final words to the Philippians and us?
- so that you will be able to stand firm
What am I to stand against?
- against all strategies of the devil.
What are the devil’s strategies? What are we fighting?
- 12For wec are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
How are we to do this?
- 13Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil.
What are the results of doing this?
- Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
What has God provided to keep us standing firm?
- 14Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth (Jesus is my way, my truth, and my life—I come to the Father through Him. (John 14:6)
- and the body armor of God’s righteousness. (Jesus is my righteousness—2 Corinthians 5:21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,e so that we could be made right with God through Christ.)
- 15For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. (Jesus is my peace—John 14:27: 27“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
- 16In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. (Jesus is the founder and perfecter of my faith—Hebrews 12:2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.)
- 17Put on salvation as your helmet, (Jesus is my salvation, my Savior—1 Timothy 1:15: This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”–and I am the worst of them all.
and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Jesus is the living Word of God—John 1:1-2: 1In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2He existed in the beginning with God.
John 1:14: So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.e And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.)
So as I live in Jesus I will be able to stand firm against everything that comes against me.
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 19-20; Psalm 33
Saturday is Family Fun Day
Have Fun Working and Playing Together
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Bible Reading: Use Sunday to Catch Up If You Are Behind in Your Reading or Focus on the Verses from Your Pastor’s Sermon
Sunday is Worship with Family and Church Family
Plan Your Week and Coordinate Activities and Needs with Your Husband and Children.
Monday, February 10, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 21-22; Psalm 34
Area of Focus, February 8-14: The Kitchen
Monday is Launch Your Week Day
- Pick up your home after the weekend
- Clean Your Toilets
- Check Your Bathrooms for any needed items and add to your shopping list before you run out.
Declutter for 15 to 30 Minutes
Walk in God’s Love