Monday, February 17, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 33-34; Psalm 35
Monday is Launch Your Week Day
- Pick up your home after the weekend
- Clean Your Toilets
- Check Your Bathrooms for any needed items and add to your shopping list before you run out.
Declutter for 15 to 30 Minutes
Walk in God’s Love
I had a moment in my time with God this morning when He showed me something simple but life changing. I have known it, but not known it, for as long as I can remember. I hope I can explain what is inside me so that you can see it, too.
We begin everything from our point of view—our relationships, our work, all of life. BUT “In the beginning God. . . “ God is the beginning. God is to be our focus in all our relationships, in all activity, in all life. My identity is not in who I think I am but in who God says I am, and it is good.
In answering questions, I tend to look at myself and the person who asked the question.
What does God say? I am meant to represent Him and you are, too. As long as I am dependent on myself, and my limited knowledge and limited wisdom I come up against a wall. When I look to God and point others to Him I open the door to transformation.
So stop. Strip away all you identify yourself by and as apart from God. Take a look at the elements of your life and strip away those things that are not of Him. You will have to ask yourself some deep and hard questions and make some challenging changes. Do this as the Lord guides you.
As I spend time with the Lord I find myself making changes in my computer time, my television viewing, my reading, my friendships, and all my relationships.
Relationship is the bottom line, nonnegotiable element of life.
- I have a relationship with the Lord. This is my basis. This is what determines all I am and all I do.
- From there I have relationships with others. In all these relationships I am to represent my Lord.
- As a wife I represent the Lord to my husband.
- As a mother and grandmother I represent the Lord to my children and grandchildren
- As a friend, neighbor, acquaintance, or even a stranger I represent the Lord to others.
- Sometimes, many times, I do, and have don,e a very poor job of representing my Lord.
- Being aware that I am a representative of my Lord, helps me to be at least a little better as a representative of my Lord.
- Being devoted to the Word of God is as a result of my relationship with the Lord. So my love of God’s Word is a result of my relationship with the Lord.
- Caring for my home, being organized, and managing my time is a part of the way I represent the Lord and demonstrate love for my family. The aim of organization is not just to be organized but to make use of my time in a way that represents the Lord well. I like the work because of the results it brings in having a pleasant place for my family and myself.
- In searching for significance apart from God we identify ourselves, put ourselves in boxes. It becomes titles like diva, gadget king, clutter queen. Our significance comes from God. I am His unique creation. I do not need to create my own identity. I do not have to identify myself by things—even some things He calls sin.
So Mary Jo asked me a question and I began to give her an answer.
- Mary Jo –So what do advice do you have a for a bonafide night owl?! My current work situation has me up between 6 and 6:30 and I am barely functional by the time I show up to job number 1 each day at 7:50 a.m. Doesn’t matter how early I go to bed or how much sleep I get, I CANNOT mentally focus on or complete tasks in the early morning hours!
Mary Minelli Paitsel I was a night owl years ago. Then my husband got a job where he had to be at work 45 minutes away at about 5:30 am. I wanted him to go out the door with a kiss and a cup of coffee so I began to get up at 4 with him. After he left each morning I gradually found it was a great time to have my Quiet Time and begin to pull the day together. I made a change from night owl to early riser BUT on a practical note for people with different schedules–begin your day the night before. Do what you can before you go to bed so you get up to a clean home. In the early days of getting organized I saw in Genesis that God’s day was evening and morning. I began to do what I could the night before and gradually brought my home into order. Your home didn’t get where it is today overnight and it will take a while to declutter, organize and clean your home before you even attempt to make it lovelier. Take a look at your schedule. Most tasks in our homes take less than 10 minutes and some even less than 5. On Monday, I will begin my post with your question and this partial answer and a little more.
You have a lot on your plate, Mary Jo. What small changes can you make that will reap large rewards?
Stop and take a look at all of your day. God has given you and me enough time to accomplish everything He wants us to do. Stop and consider all the elements of your life:
- Does it honor God?
- Does it move you closer to God or away from Him?
- Does it enhance your God given relationships?
I can honor or dishonor God with how I use my computer, by the way I choose to eat and drink, by what I read, by what I watch on television, by the decisions I make about how I use my time. All I have is a gift from Him and the way I use what I have from relationships to time to possessions either honors that gift of God or dishonors it.
I already mentioned:
- Analyze your time so you can see where you have available pockets of time.
- Begin your day the night before.
- Examine every element of your life. Make changes to better represent the Lord and become more effective.
- Have you considered your eating plan as part of challenge with your sleep and wake cycle? How much coffee or caffeine are you taking in and at what time of day? Depending on your sensitivity to caffeine you may not be able to have caffeine after a particular time in the afternoon.
Isaiah 53:6 says,
All we like sheep have gone astray. Each of us has turned to his own way. And the Lord has laid upon Him the iniquity of us all.
My doing things MY way is the sin that was laid on Jesus. I have to choose to do things His way. I have to choose to serve Him instead of my preferences and desires.
Walking Through Colossians–Coming Later Today
I will put up the next part of Colossians this afternoon. I have a house full of women coming for the Daniel Plan and I need to put on the coffee and sweep my floors.
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Bible Reading: Exodus 35-36; Psalm 36
Each Tuesday is Duster Dance Day
Put on some happy music. Grab your favorite duster, gather up the dust in your home, and shake it outside.
Declutter for 15 to 30 Minutes
Walk in God’s Love
Remember if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.