Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Bible Reading: Leviticus 13-14; Psalm 45
Area of Focus: March 1-7—The Living Room/Family Room
- Pay Bills
- Take Care of Any Personal and Family Business—are there any issues that need to be dealt with? Notes to write? Cards to send? Calls to make?
- File: Put away any papers you may need to reference in a way that you can locate them when needed.
Declutter Each Day for 15 to 20 minutes.
Walk in God’s Love
Update—Well life continues to be adventurous. Yesterday, Roy walked out of the bathroom with the front of his shirt soaked with blood. After a few seconds of panic, I remembered that I had rolls of gauze, gauze pads, and a LARGE Ace bandage in the upstairs bathroom. I put the gauze pad over his incision and wrapped his torso with gauze. Then I wrapped his abdomen with the Ace bandage and called his doctor’s nurse. When I didn’t hear back within an hour I called the HCA nurse consultation line and found that I had done the right thing. We are keeping watch on his incision until he sees his doctor on Friday, watching for any sign of infection. (Spreading redness, heat, and seepage)
This morning I also have two of my grandsons here who did not get to enjoy the snow days because they are sick. Amy assures me they are not infectious but two extra patients and their dog are stretching me a little more. I do feel better about having Brayden here with Roy when I make a run to the grocery store. I have had sweet friends bringing dinner, soup and stew but we are out of so much just now.
- I have been keeping the beds made, dishes and laundry done, as well as everything picked up as much as I can. I had planned to continue to work on my office as I can but having the boys here is extending the amount of time it takes to go through everything.
On the Office Reorganization
Just before Roy went into the hospital, I had ordered Sterlite Flip Top Shoe Boxes
These boxes are the right size to hold so many different things. In my laundry area I moved my tools into a box. I have moved all my office supplies into boxes, as well as my greeting cards. I ordered 6 for $16.62, then 12 more. I know I will be using this handy size throughout my home.
I am labeling the boxes using the Brother PC Connectable Label Maker. I can make large labels. This label maker sells for $99.99 at office supplies but $49.29 on Amazon. Don’t forget to order label cartridges because the package only contains a sample cartridge. I ordered black on white 1”. There is a wide variety of label cartridges in different colors and sizes available.
The large labels help quickly identify what’s in the boxes.
My final project for these boxes will be to use them as shoe boxes in my closet. Right now the shoes are in their original boxes. I have lots of uses for them before I get to my closet which is just fine for now.
Tomorrow (Thursday) is Floor Day
Walking through Philippians—Philippians 3:12-21—Pressing toward the Goal
- 12I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection.
- But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
- 13No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,
- but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
- 14I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Who is determines Truth?
- 15Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.
What does Paul ask of us?
- 16But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.
- 17Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine,
- and learn from those who follow our example.
How do some show that they are enemies of the cross? What is potentially their end?
- 18For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ.
- 19They are headed for destruction.
Who is their god? What is their attitude?
- Their god is their appetite,
- they brag about shameful things,
- and they think only about this life here on earth.
As believers, who are we?
- 20But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.
- And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.
What will our Lord Jesus Christ do?
- 21He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.
Tomorrow—Words of Encouragement—some of my favorite verses from Philippians