Wednesday, March 12, 2014 to Saturday, March 15, 2014
Bible Readings: Wednesday—Leviticus 23-24 Psalm 50
Thursday—Leviticus 25-26 Psalm 51
Friday—Leviticus 27; Numbers 1 Psalm 52
Saturday—Numbers 2-3 Psalm 53
Area of Focus: The Kitchen—March 8th to 14th
Up Next Week: Your Bedroom, Bathroom, and Closet—March 15th to 21st
Daily Focus: Wednesday— Desk Day
Pay Your Bills
Bring Personal and Family Business Up to Date
Thursday— Floor Day
Clean All Hard Floors—Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, or Linoleum
Friday— Wrap Up Your Week Day
Clean Out Your Car
Clean Out Your Purse, Backpack, Diaper Bag, Computer Game or Whatever You Carry with You When You Leave the House
Saturday—Family Fun Day
Work or Play Together as a Family and Make It Fun!
Making Your Kitchen Work
- I like the risers for the pantry shelves so that you can easily see what is on the shelves
- I like the air tight container for dry goods in your kitchen
- Don’t keep the eggs and dairy products in the door of the fridge. They will spoil more quickly.
- Keep the front 2/3rds of your counters clear for food preparation
- Fill the sink with soapy water when you begin food preparation and clean up as you go. Put away ingredients as you use them. Put trash directly into the trash can. When you are finished, the clean-up will be done, too.
- Put dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher. Empty the dishwasher after the cycle is finished and run the dishwasher when it is full.
- Keep your sink clean and empty.
- Keep flat surfaces clear of clutter and papers.
- Clean up drips and splashes as you go—in the fridge, on the counter, on the floor, as well as in your cupboards.
Kitchen Activity Chart
These are the tasks with frequency that are done in the kitchen. D=Daily, W=Weekly, M=Monthly, S=Seasonally, Y= Yearly, EO=Every Other.
Most of these tasks take only a few minutes so don’t be overwhelmed.
|FOOD PREPARATION AND CLEAN UP|
|Make Grocery List||W|
|Clean Dishwasher Door||W|
|Prepare Food||D or W|
|Wash Pots And Pans||D|
|Sanitize Cutting Board||W|
|Clean Small Appliances|
|Clean Under Sink||M|
|Clean Light Fixtures||M|
|Wipe Down Woodwork||M|
|Wash Canister/Decorative Items||S|
|Wash/Dry Clean Curtains||Y|
|Empty And Wipe Out Cabinets/Drawers||S|
|Clean Cabinet Doors||M|
|Scour Drip Pans And Rims||M|
|Clean Under Drip Pans||M|
|Clean Range Hood||M|
|Clean Knobs/Clock Face||M|
|Clean Oven Inside And Outside||M|
|Clean Microwave Inside And Out||M|
|Wash Range Hood Filter In Dishwasher||M|
|Clean Inside/Outside/Top Of Refrigerator||M|
|Clean Inside/Outside/Top Of Freezer||M|
|Clean Drip Pan||EOM|
|Dump Anything Dead||W|
|Clean The Seals Of The Refrigerator And Freezer||M|
|Vacuum Refrigerator Coils||S|
Again, a little at a time. You will get it done.