- Keep a steady pace and focus.
- Use a timer to help you stay focused.
- Take out only what you can put back in a few minutes. Declutter and organize your home a foot at a time.
- Do not buy organizers until you know you need them and are ready to use them or they will become part of the clutter.
- Put the room in general order
- Remove laundry, dishes, and trash and take them to where they go
- Go through each small area at a time dealing with stuff as you come to it. Work by the foot—sometimes by the inch.
- Maintain what you have done. Now that my car, family bath, movie storage unit, closet and drawers are in order, I will take extra care to keep them that way.