Roy continues to do an incredible job painting our home. He takes a day to prepare an area and the next day to paint.
- The powder room has a new light fixture, towel bars, toilet paper holder, granite vanity with undermount sink, mirror, and paint including the vanity. We reused the window treatment, rug, towels, and artwork. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- The kitchen has 5 additional cabinets, new countertops, a new deep stainless steel sink, gas range, stainless steel dishwasher, and new paint. Again, the same lace valances, pictures, and appliances.
- The dining room has a pass through breakfast bar and fresh paint.
- The living room is freshly painted and rearranged.
- The entry has fresh paint.
- Roy has taped the stairway and repaired the walls all the way down the hall. He is ready to paint the stairway and upstairs hall today.
We reused what we had in each room. The downstairs is freshened up with a kitchen and powder room renovation and we have spent around $5000 by doing the work ourselves. I am so proud of my 78 year old husband. He is so incredible. We will spend less to do all the work than the bids I got just for painting.
After Bible Study I went to the store and got groceries, then came home put the groceries away. I fixed a healthy snack (frogs on a log) for my grandson and took it to him when I picked him up from play practice. The first few days he wanted to stop at 7-11 after practice but both the cost and the calories were more than I wanted.
I installed a Nest thermostat upstairs and put things in order when I got home and then spent some time with Roy having a light dinner and watching a little television.
Today I attack my office. I had an order in mind for Roy’s work but he has something else in mind so I need to put the office in order and get the front bedroom (guest room) in order before he paints that room.
Each Friday is Wrap Up the Week Day –my purse is clean, my car also, and after Roy is finished painting for the day I will vacuum the traffic areas.
This post is about having a direction for work but being flexible to the needs of your family. I know how I want to do things but no one died and made me queen. The people in my life do not get in the way of my life. It is my delight to care for them.
- Plan your work, work your plan.
- Always be ready for Plan B, then Plan C and so on to Plan ZZ. Be flexible.
- 1 Corinthians 13 says love is patient and kind. This means love remains kind while being patient. Your relationships are more important that getting things done your way on your schedule.
Our Area of Focus is currently the Master Bedroom, Bathroom, and Closet. A little each day makes a major difference. Maintain the work you have done.
Next Wednesday (the 22nd) we move into the Front Porch, Entry, and Dining Room. When an area is decluttered, orderly (organized) and clean, work in an area that is not in the regular rotation like the office, laundry, guest room, craft room, garage, attic or wherever. What area is crying out for attention.
Clean your children’s rooms with them and explain what you are doing and why. Working makes more sense when we know what we are trying to accomplish.
We will continue to look at what we need in the kitchen over the next couple of weeks.
After God, family first.