- Clean out your car
- Clean out your purse
- Vacuum the traffic areas in your home
The Area of Focus for this week is the Kitchen. The Area of Focus on Monday will be the Master Bedroom, Bathroom, and Closet. (December 15th to the 21st)
Yesterday I thought I knew how my day would go. It was Thursday and I was going to clean the floors and then run errands later in the day. Then my grandson Kobe came over because he was too sick to go to school and my older grandson called and told me there was an assembly and he needed his tuxedo. I had already gotten my basics done and was dressed so I was free to go so I flipped my day, took the tux to Brayden and ran my errands. When I got home I began to bake bread to share with my friends for Christmas. Next weekend (the 20th) I will make cinnamon rolls. When I mill flour and bake bread, flour gets on the flour. I made 4 loaves today and I am going to make 4 more tomorrow so I will mop the floor after I am finished.
One of my friends and I are the two culprits in planning activities for our friends in the neighborhood. If we don’t plan it, it doesn’t happen. Today we are going to the Blue Willow Tearoom in Petersburg. In January we will take a day to go rambling in Chester to some Antique/Craft Stores and have lunch in a nice local restaurant. It’s kind of like a Red Hat group without the hats.
Today I want to share how you can get the basics in your home done in around 20 minutes.
The Basics in Under 20 Minutes a Day
- Make your bed either before or after your morning shower. (2 minutes)
- Pick up and put away any clothes, shoes, or jewelry (4 minutes)
- Straighten your surfaces (night stand and dresser) (under 1 minute)
- Wipe out the sink (30 seconds) I keep a stack of white washcloths under the sink and use them to wipe out the sink and wipe down the counters at least once a day. Develop the habit of wiping out the sink after every use and it will stay clean.
- Wipe off the toilet seat and rim (20 seconds)
- Swish the toilet bowl with a toilet brush (20 seconds)
- Polish the mirror and faucet (20 seconds)
- Keep a squeegee in the shower and squeegee the surfaces immediately after your shower or use a shower spray (20 seconds)
While the coffee is brewing:
- Wipe down the sink (30 seconds)
- Wipe off the stove (30 seconds)
- Wipe down the counters (1 minute)
- Sweep or Swiffer the floor (2 minutes)
- Use a dustbuster to pick up crumbs (2 minutes) (If you don’t have a dustbuster use a whisk broom and small dust pan)
- Straighten pillows on the couch and chairs and fold throws (2 minutes)
- Spot clean end tables, coffee table and entertainment center – wipe off any fingerprints or other marks. (1 minute)
- Put away CD’s and DVD’s. Straighten books and magazines. Discard newspapers (2 minutes)
Make a tote or totes for each area with any cleaning supplies you will need for your quick cleaning. (Just for fun–in my upstairs all my cleaning and laundry supplies are lavender scented. Downstairs I use lemon scented cleaning supplies. Homes can be more appealing when you take into consideration the five senses: Sight, sound, smell, taste and touch.)
- Clean from the clean area into the dirtier area to avoid spreading the dirt around.
- Work from the top to bottom to knock dust down.
- Vacuum after you dust.
Love and Hugs,