Today is Monday the 29th Day of December 2014—Launch Your Week
- Bring Your Home Back into Order after the Weekend
- Clean Your Toilets
- Check Your Bathrooms for Any Needed Supplies—Paper, Personal, or Cleaning
The Area of Focus from the 19th to the 31st is The Bathroom
- Wash Area Rug, toilet seat cover and shower curtain. (M) Wash towels.
- Clean sink Wipe out after each use
- Polish faucet. (D)
- Clean toilet. (W-Monday)
- Clean tub after each use. Clean and wax shower. (Use car polish. DO NOT GET POLISH ON THE SHOWER FLOOR.)
- Clean shower door. (Lemon juice works! You also can slice a lemon and apply directly to the glass. It will cut soap scum and smell fresh, too. (M)
- Clean mirror.
- Polish countertop.
- Clean cobwebs. (M)
- Clean light fixtures and replace any burnt out bulbs. (M)
- Wipe down window sills and front door. (M)
- Remove fingerprints and marks from door, door frames, switch plates, and walls. (M)
- Clean window treatments and windows. (M or S)
- Clean out medicine cabinet. (M)
- Clean and organize cabinets and drawers, (M)
- Clean brushes and combs. (M)
- Clean scale. (M)
- Polish furniture. (M) Dust.
- Dust baseboards. (M)
- Declutter, organize, or straighten coat closet. (M)
- Sweep, vacuum, or mop the floor. (W—Thursday)
- Empty trash (D or as needed)
Why does Paul write these things?
- 1Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters,rejoice in the Lord. I never get tired of telling you these things,
- and I do it to safeguard your faith.
What does Paul warn us about?
- 2Watch out for those dogs,
Who are those dogs?
- those people who do evil,
- those mutilators who say you must be circumcised to be saved.
What about circumcision? Don’t we still need for men to be circumcised?
- 3For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised.
- We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us.
- We put no confidence in human effort,
Wouldn’t Paul have been circumcised? Hadn’t he followed the Law?
- though I could have confidence in my own effort if anyone could. Indeed, if others have reason for confidence in their own efforts, I have even more!
- 5I was circumcised when I was eight days old.
- I am a pure-blooded citizen of Israel
- and a member of the tribe of Benjamin—a real Hebrew if there ever was one!
- I was a member of the Pharisees, who demand the strictest obedience to the Jewish law.
- 6I was so zealous that I harshly persecuted the church.
- And as for righteousness, I obeyed the law without fault.
What had Paul’s attitude been toward keeping the Law?
- 7I once thought these things were valuable,
- but now I consider them worthless
- because of what Christ has done.
- 8Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
- For his sake I have discarded everything else,
- counting it all as garbage,
- so that I could gain Christ
- 9and become one with him.
- I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law;
How do I become righteous?
- rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ.
- For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.
What did Paul want?
- 10I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead.
- I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death,11so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!
Tomorrow—Pressing Toward the Goal
Love and Hugs,