Each Tuesday is Duster Dance Day—Grab your duster, put on some music, set a timer for 10 minutes and see if you can beat the timer.
Declutter Each Day for 15 to 20 minutes.
Walk in God’s Love
Cleaning Your Blinds—Let’s play sock puppet! Put an old cotton sock on your hand and let that sock swipe away all the dust on the slats of the blinds. Better yet put on two socks and let them kiss in the middle! Everyone knows sock puppets just love to eat dust and kiss. If you find some stubborn spots dampen a cloth and apply a little extra energy to remove it. Don’t start with water. Water + Dirt = Mud. Let your little ones play sock puppet with you.
- Don’t use a dirty cloth to clean. When a cloth becomes dirty switch to a clean cloth. Use a bucket of clean water to rinse out your cloth to keep the wash water clean.
- Start at the top and work down unless you are washing walls. If you start at the top when washing a wall you will have trails down your wall from the water that drips.
- Use both hands as much as you can when cleaning or dusting.
Keep a vacuum cleaner handy when cleaning out drawers and cabinets to get the crumbs, dust and dirt out of the corners
Walking through Philippians—Philippians 3:12-21—Pressing toward the Goal
What is Paul’s attitude? What is he doing?
- 12I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection.
- But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.
- 13No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,
- but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,
- 14I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Who is determines Truth?
- 15Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.
What does Paul ask of us?
- 16But we must hold on to the progress we have already made.
- 17Dear brothers and sisters, pattern your lives after mine,
- and learn from those who follow our example.
How do some show that they are enemies of the cross? What is potentially their end?
- 18For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ.
- 19They are headed for destruction.
Who is their god? What is their attitude?
- Their god is their appetite,
- they brag about shameful things,
- and they think only about this life here on earth.
As believers, who are we?
- 20But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives.
- And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.
What will our Lord Jesus Christ do?
- 21He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.
Tomorrow—Words of Encouragement—some of my favorite verses from Philippians
Love and Hugs,