Each Thursday, sweep, vacuum or dry mop your hard floors: tile, hardwood, linoleum and then damp mop or wash your floors. In between sweep as needed and wipe up spills as they occur.
The Area of Focus for the Next Week is The Kitchen
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
- Are there any cobwebs? (M)
- Are the light fixtures and ceiling fan clean? (M)
- Are the windows and window treatments clean? (M)
- Is your refrigerator clean —inside and outside? (M) Are there fingerprints? (as needed) Are you using leftovers? (D) Do any items need to be tossed?(M)
- Is your freezer clean? (M) Are there any foods that need to be used before they go out of date? (M)
- Is your microwave clean inside and out? (M or as needed)
- Are your stove top and oven clean?(M or as needed)
- Are your drip pans or grates clean? Do they need to be replaced? (M)
- Is the stove hood and filter clean? (M)
- Are canisters and decorative items clean? (M)
- Are there fingerprints or other marks on walls, window sills and woodwork?(M)
- Are doors and door frames free of marks?(M)
- Are baseboards clean? (M)
- Are cabinet fronts clean? (M)
- Do your cabinets need to be put in order? (M)
- Is your under sink cabinet clean and in order? (M)
- Are your countertops clean and sanitized? (D)
- Is your sink clean and sanitized? (D)
- Are your floors swept? (D)
- Do your floors need to be mopped? (W or as needed)
- Are the dishes done and put away (D) Is the dishwasher empty?(D)
Spread these tasks over the next week. Make it a habit to keep your counter and sink free of dirty dishes. Preserve your counter space for food preparation. Use the front 2/3 of your counters and keep the small appliances and décor items on the back 1/3.
Tomorrow is Friday, the Day we Wrap Up the Week by
- Cleaning out the bags we take with us when we leave the house—purse, totes, backpack, diaper bag, computer case.
- Cleaning out the car
- Vacuuming the traffic areas in your home
The One Small Area today and tomorrow for the major declutter is your laundry area. What do you need to do to make your laundry room less cluttered, more orderly, cleaner, and a more pleasant place to be?
Tomorrow we will talk about laundry.
Love and Hugs,