2God spoke further to Moses and said to him, “I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them. 4“I also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they sojourned. 5“Furthermore I have heard the groaning of the sons of Israel, because the Egyptians are holding them in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant. 6“Say, therefore, to the sons of Israel, ‘I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from their bondage. I will also redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments. 7‘Then I will take you for My people, and I will be your God; and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- God had not made Himself known by name to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- God established a covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to give them the land of Canaan.
- God heard the groaning of the Israelites in bondage in Egypt.
- YWYH was there to deliver the Israelites from bondage.
- YWYH was there to redeem them with His power (outstretched arm) and His judgments.
- They were about to know that YWYH is forever the Lord their God who brought them out from the burden of the Egyptians.
- YWYH is the LORD my God.
- Egypt is a type of this world. We are enslaved to the enemy.
- Our God is our Deliverer who leads us out of bondage to this world.
- I will look to the Lord and I will be free in Him.
You are my Deliverer. I am set free from this world through Jesus’ sacrifice. Lead me out through Your power and let me live free in You.
I love You,