Good Morning, Beautifu!
Monday, December 5, 2016
Monday is Launch Your Week Day
- Put your home back in order after the weekend
- Clean your toilets
- Check your bathroom(s) for any needed supplies—personal, paper, and cleaning and add anything you are about to need –don’t wait until the last drop is out of the bottle, until the last square of toilet paper is gone.
The Area of Focus, today through Wednesday (1st-7th) is your Gathering Areas—The Living Room, Great Room, Family Room. TV Room, and/or Den.
Each month you spend 7 days in each of 4 Areas
- The Gathering Spaces (1st-7th)
- The Kitchen (8th-14th)
- The Bedroom including Closet and Attached Bath (15th-21st)
- The Front Porch, Entry, and Dining Room (22nd-28th)
- The remaining days of the month (from the 29th through the end of the month) you spend in the Bathroom(s)
While your focus is in an Area you are giving that area week a month of special attention.
- Put in Order (Organize)
- Make the Area More Functional and a More Pleasant Place to Be (fun; beautiful; expressive of the people, including the little people, that use the space)
In addition, take from 5 to 30 minutes—whatever time you have—to work in the worst area of your home—The Black Hole. This month—December—I am suggesting you use that time of pockets of time for celebration, for service, for acts of love. In January we will have a start fresh time and hit our clutter hard. For this month let’s honor God, and show our family and friends our love and respect in the process of celebrating the Lord’s birth.
This week I will share the list of tasks for each room that I have used since the 1980’s. I start in the high places and work my way down. I start either on the right or left and work my way around the room.
Your plan may be very different that mine but have a plan. Plan your work. Work your plan.
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,