How Often Do I Need to Launder? – Item Frequency of Cleaning Method
- Bras Every 3 to 4 wearings Don’t dry your bras in the dryer. That will cause them to wear out more quickly.
- Jeans Every 4 to 5 wearings Wash inside out and avoid the dryer if you want to avoid fading.
- Dress slacks Every 4 to 5 wearings If these are part of a suit, dry clean both pieces at the same time so the colors will remains the same.
- Jackets and Blazers Every 5 to 6 wearings
- Khaki shorts and pants Every 2 to 3 wearings Don’t use fabric softener or dryer sheets with stain-resistant fabrics. They may reduce the effectiveness of the fabric.
- Pajamas Every 3 to 4 wearings Wash your pajamas twice as often as you wash your sheets.
- Skirts Every 4 to 5 wearings. Whites and silks should be cleaned after every wear because they are prone to lose their color.
- Swimsuits After EVERY wearing. Swimsuits are intimate apparel that are exposed to body oil, and bacteria
- Tops and Dresses Ever 1 to 3 wears Easy on the deodorant to keep these clean.
- T-shirts, Camisoles, and Tanks After Every wear Treat them like underwear
Much of the information above is from Real Simple Magazine.