A lot of what has been successful in my life has been making work a game.
- Make cutting your grocery bill a game. Make it a game to see how low you can make your grocery budget and have delicious meals without feeling deprived.
- Find some meatless meals that appeal to your family.
- Pizza, Tossed salad
- Cheese Enchiladas, Refried Beans, Tortilla chips
- Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup
- Waffles, scrambled eggs , fruit
- Macaroni and Cheese, sliced apples and oranges
- Cut back on the amount of meat you use in some dishes.
- Chef Salad and rolls
- Sloppy Joes, oven fries, sliced fruit
- Drink water with your meals. Drinking water brings lots of health benefits.
- Try generic brands. If you don’t think they compare to your favorite brands go back to your favorites. Many generic brands taste as good as the name brands.
- Many foods have a satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like it, return it or call the company at the number listed on the package.
- Don’t buy toaster pastries and breakfast bars. Eat oatmeal, pancakes, granola and fruit instead.
- Plan your meals. Don’t forget to develop a cycle menu.
- Clean your refrigerator the day before you go to the grocery store and make use of what you have on hand as you plan for the next week.
- Don’t buy non-food items at the grocery store. Diapers , OTC (over the counter) medications, personal toiletries are less pricey at discount stores.
- Never shop hungry
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,