Good Morning, Beautiful!
Friday, January 6, 2017
Friday is Wrap Up the Week Day!
Is your car clean – inside and out?
When was the last time you put your purse, diaper bag, computer bag, backpack or whatever goes out the door with you when you are leaving your house—in order?
How is your home? What needs to be put in order for the weekend?
The Area of Focus until Sunday is the Gathering Areas in Your Home—Your Living Room, Great Room, Family Room, TV Room, Den or wherever your family gathers.
After being out of commission all week due to the flu I did a marathon in my living room yesterday.
- Took down the drapes and ran them on the Refresh cycle on my dryer. You would not believe the dust in the lint collector!
- Washed the windows inside and out. Wiped the woodwork around the windows
- Dusted the walls
- Took everything off each piece of furniture. Wiped the furniture down with a damp microfiber cloth, then polished with another cloth.
- Checked each drawer.
- Wiped down the mantel
- Took the cushions off the furniture and vacuumed
- Took down the Christmas tree
- Re-centered the rug and rearranged the furniture.
- Cleaned the ceiling fans
- Sorted through the magazines
- Thoroughly vacuumed the floor
I wasn’t at that point in time totally wiped out so I cleaned the powder room
- Cleaned toilet
- Cleaned mirror
- Cleaned sink
- Checked under the sink
- Scrubbed the floor
I checked the coat closet and moved a few things to put it into better order
I put the Dining Room in better order—this is my staging area for the project so I will clean, dust, and vacuum that room last after I finish going through my home.
My kitchen and entry are not in wonderful condition after yesterday’s work but I will be starting there shortly.
I admit right up front that I probably did too much but I felt frustrated by being sick for the past 6 days and wanted to begin to catch up. I will be weighing and posting the items I removed from the living room to leave the house—my problem—I have been decluttering for years so there hasn’t been much yet.
Where are you in bringing your home into order and getting rid of unneeded, unwanted stuff?
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,