Good Morning, Beautiful!
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Tuesday is Duster Dance Day
- Use the right tools
- Put on happy music
- If your child can walk, give them a duster and put them to work
- Have fun
The Area of Focus this week is The Kitchen. I just spent 3 days thoroughly cleaning and decluttering my kitchen. Now I am again dedicated to keep my kitchen clean by:
- Putting away things as I go
- Emptying the dishwasher first thing in the morning—while my tea is brewing
- Load dishes directly into the dishwasher and not leave them in the sink
- When I begin cooking I fill the sink with hot soapy water and wash dishes as I go
- I bought a strainer that fits over half my sink. I use this for draining pasta or other foods. I also use it as a drain board for dishes that I wash that need to air dry—especially baby bottles. I regularly wash the strainer in my dishwasher to keep it clean and sanitary.
- Many of us avoid cooking because it is too hard to cook in our kitchen. It is easy and fast to cook in a clean, orderly, clutter free kitchen. More on this tomorrow.
My Special Project is a whole house declutter—Yesterday I stripped my bed and washed everything including the comforter. Then, I went through and straightened my dresser and let go of things I had passed over in past declutters but never used. Then I moved (with major help from my son and daughter in love) a bookcase from my bedroom to the Living Room. I am still carrying books downstairs and loading them by category and author into the bookcase. Books are hard for me to release but I am working hard to let go of what I will never reference or read again. I am donating all the rest to one of my favorite charities-Grace House.
Today—more work on the bookcase and more releasing things in my bedroom
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,