Good Morning, Lovely!
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Wednesday is Desk Day
- Pay Bills
- Catch up on personal and family business by paying bills, sending notes, cards, letters and emails, and making any needed phone calls
- File–Store only those papers you will need in a way that you will be able to locate them when needed
Do you have a desk?
Is it functional?
Setting Up Your Desk or Workspace
First gather the papers from your desk or around your home and sort them. You do not need out of date coupons, information on activities that have passed, many records that are over 3 to 7 years old. You do need birth certificates, marriage certificate, and titles. Memorabilia belongs in a memory box.
Empty your desk of papers and stock it with the supplies you need. Use a desk organizer for small items.
Which of these items do you have? Which do you need? Do you have more than you need?
List the items you do not have but need.
Donate the items you have in excess.
Toss the items that do not work—staplers that do not staple, pens that do not write.
Add items to the list specific to your needs. Make notes on what you need, how many you need, what you have an excess of.
- Set up a simple file system—files you work with each day
Keep only papers you will need to reference in the future.
- Set up monthly files for receipts
- Set up tax files for this year—put anything you will need when you file your taxes next year directly into the appropriate file
- Income and Interest
Keep up with your desk at least weekly on Wednesdays. Put your mail on your desk as soon as you open and deal with it.
The Area of Focus through Saturday is the Front Porch, Entry, and Dining Room. Yesterday you looked at your front porch by going outside and looking around or taking a picture. Today do the same in the entry.
Special Project—Whole House Declutter. I have made it to the Guest Rooms and the attic. Cleaning out closets in the guest rooms but working in the attic today while it is warm enough to be comfortable. Adjust your work to the circumstances.
Have a day filled with love, hugs, and smiles,