Friday, December 15,2017
Friday is Wrap Up Your Week Day!
- Clean out your purse (diaper bag, tote, computer bag, backpack, or whatever you take with you when you go out the door.
- Clean out your car—remove all trash, and everything that does not belong in your car. Secure any items that you do keep in your car. In a quick stop, items can go airborne and injure people in the car, especially small people.
- Put your home in order for the weekend.
Today is the first day with Your Bedroom, Attached (EnSuite) Bathroom, and Closet as your Area of Focus.
- Is your bed made? (D)
- Are there cobwebs that need to be removed? (M)
- Are there any burnt out bulbs in the light fixtures? (M)
- Do the light fixtures need to be cleaned? (M)
- Are the ceiling fans clean? (M)
- Are the windows and window treatments clean? (M)
- Is the woodwork and walls free of fingerprints and marks? (M)
- Are the sheets clean? (W)The duvet? The dust ruffles? The Mattress pads? (M)
- Are the surfaces (night tables, dressers, tables) free of clutter? (D)
- Does the furniture need to be polished? (M) Dusted?
- Are your drawers and cabinets in order? (M)
- What’s under the bed? (M)
- Are the shelves in order? (M)
- Are the hanging clothes in order, clean, in good repair? (M)
- Are the shoes in order? (M)
- Are there items stored in your closet that should/could be stored elsewhere like the attic? (M)
- Does the floor need to be dust mopped or vacuumed? Does the carpet need to be shampooed or spot cleaned? (M)
Cleaning Checklist for Your Bath
- Wash Area Rug—also toilet seat cover, and shower curtain. (M)
- Clean sink—I wipe mine out after each use (D)
- Polish faucets (D)
- Clean toilet (every Monday)
- Clean tub after every use. Clean and wax shower. – (Use car polish. DO NOT GET POLISH ON THE SHOWER FLOOR) (M/S)
- Clean shower door—Lemon juice works. You can even slice a lemon and apply directly to the glass. It will cut soap scum and smell fresh, too. (M)
- Clean mirror
- Polish countertop
- Clean cobwebs (M)
- Clean window treatments (M or S)
- Wash windows (M)
- Vacuum fan grill (S)
- Clean grout (M or EOM)
- Wipe down woodwork, cabinets, baseboards, doors, door and window frames (M)
- Clean blinds (M/S)
- Clean out medicine cabinet (S)
- Clean and organize cabinets and drawers (M)
- Clean brushes and combs (M)
- Clean scale (M)
- Wash floors (Every Thursday)
- Empty trash. (as needed)
Checklist for Your Child and Your Child’s Room
- Put away shoes and clothes
- Put away toys
- Lay out clothes for tomorrow
In the morning:
- Put away pajamas
- Make Bed
- Change sheets
- Work with mom to go through outgrown clothes
- Work with mom to deep clean
Even when changing sheets, it’s nice to have someone work with you. Changing sheets is a great way to work with your children.
Change begins inside you. You can make choices that make a difference in your life. You can choose to hold yourself accountable. Even not choosing is choosing to leave things as they are. If you do not choose to change, next year you will be in the same situation, in the same place. Be the change. Change your attitude. Change your words. Change your behavior. You are not a victim. You can change to do things differently.
Love, love, love,