Randy Hahn, The Heights Baptist Church
February 15, 2015
1 Samuel 2:30 Those Who Honor Me I will honor.
We like for things to be easy.
(Not for Sale; Not a Hoax)
Honor—to make weighty, heavy, significant in our lives.
Honor What God Says to Honor
Honor the Lord the Way He Says to Honor Him
Three Principle to Simply and Clarify What to Do Next
- Honor the Lord with our body—
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
- We don’t own our bodies to do whatever we want
- Never again do anything you want with your body
- Use your body in a way that shows who God is in your life
- Honor God with Our Decisions
Proverbs 3:5-6– 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
6In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Acknowledge = Honor
Don’t follow your heart
Jeremiah 17:9– “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
**Intent in dressing self is not to bring honor and attention to myself but honor and attention to Him**
In your choices, have fun, but honor/acknowledge God.
To know how to acknowledge God I must read—His Book—the Bible!
**I consume this Book, until this Book consumes me.**
The Bible is God’s heart and mind.
All of my decisions point to Him.
- Colossians 3:23-24– 23Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, 24knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. 25For he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality.
In everything you do be serve the Lord Christ.
It should be apparent to all that no one works harder than a Christian because we are serving the Lord.
Eric Liddel in Chariots of Fire—Whatever yo do , do it in a way that you feel His pleasure.
Sometimes we need to be slapped across the back of the head and hear, “Stop it! You are doing wrong.”
It’s a joy for us to watch our children live and live well.
Use your work/play/ all you do to show who God is in your life.
How do we do this? We have a Helper—the Holy Spirit.