Thursday, November 30, 2017
Thursday is Floor Day. Sweep, vacuum, and mop your floors. Give floors in the areas that have been your focus extra attention. Vacuum drapes, furniture, and around, behind, and under furniture in those areas.
Today is the last day of November. Finish up in your bathroom(s)! Tomorrow through next Thursday (1st to the 7th ) The Gathering Areas are your Area of Focus (Living Room, Family Room, Great Room, Den, TV Room)
December is a month of celebration. Pace yourself. Plan ahead. Work from a budget. Keep it simple, low stress, and fun. Faith, family, and friends are priorities. The church I am part of gifted a devotional to the church family and I plan to use it in December.
I am bringing my Christmas decorations—all of them—down a box at a time. I am going through my Christmas boxes and plan to drop off everything I will never use again at my favorite Thrift Store—ReGenesis at the intersection of Jeff Davis and Osborne Road in Chester. Find a favorite place to donate and educate yourself on what they do with your donations and how the funds are used. Donating now may allow my Christmas items to make their way into another home this season.
I have taken Roy’s shirts to a friend and I am having personal items made for family members—door pillows, key fobs, a teddy bear, and different types of bags. I am baking and cooking for friends and neighbors this Christmas. I am also giving experience gifts to people near and dear to me—passes to places like Busch Gardens, and Colonial Williamsburg, and tea at the Jefferson with some granddaughters. Too many top gift items rapidly end up in a closet or drawer or on the floor. I want to give things that will be valued for years to come—mementos and memories. Give thought to what will mean the most to the people receiving them.
After going through Christmas decorations, I will take time off from decluttering—a constant practice with me—to enjoy Christmas.
So here is the Cleaning Checklist for tomorrow for the Gathering Areas.
My Cleaning Checklist for the Gathering Spaces
(Living Room/Family Room/TV Room/Den)
- Have you cleaned cobwebs? (M)
- Have you cleaned the light fixtures? (M)
- Have you cleaned windows? (M)
- Have you cleaned the window treatments? (EOM)
- Have you cleaned any marks and fingerprints from walls and woodwork? (M)
- Have you cleaned decorative items? (M)
- Have you cleaned out the fireplace? (as needed or seasonally)
- Have you cleaned out the end tables? (M)
- Have you straightened the bookcases/entertainment center? (M)
- Have you dusted the lamp shades? (M)
- Have you polished the furniture? (M) Have you dusted?
- Have you culled out dated magazines and catalogs from magazine basket or rack? (M)
- Have you cleaned the phone(s)? (M)
- Have you vacuumed the traffic areas?
- Have you vacuumed under, around and behind furniture and drapes? (M)
- Have you shampooed the carpets? (S)
Have a joy-filled day and get ready for a joy-filled month!
Love, love, love,